If you have been accused of Medicaid Fraud or white color crime, please call me for a free consultation. I have practiced criminal defense my entire career, teach criminal law at the IU School of Law, and have personally handled thousands of cases. Additional information about my office is available on the home page and the in the news page.
IC § 35-43-5-7.1 Medicaid Fraud
(a) Except as provided in subsection (b), a person who knowingly or intentionally:
(1) makes, utters, presents, or causes to be presented to the Medicaid program under IC 12-15 a Medicaid claim that contains materially false or misleading information concerning the claim;
(2) obtains payment from the Medicaid program under IC 12-15 by means of a false or misleading oral or written statement or other fraudulent means;
(3) acquires a provider number under the Medicaid program except as authorized by law;
(4) alters with the intent to defraud or falsifies documents or records of a provider (as defined in 42 CFR 1000.30) that are required to be kept under the Medicaid program; or
(5) conceals information for the purpose of applying for or receiving unauthorized payments from the Medicaid program;
commits Medicaid fraud, a Class A misdemeanor.
(b) The offense described in subsection (a) is:
(1) a Level 6 felony if the fair market value of the offense is at least seven hundred fifty dollars ($750) and less than fifty thousand dollars ($50,000); and
(2) a Level 5 felony if the fair market value of the offense is at least fifty thousand dollars ($50,000).
For additional information, click here.
DISCLAIMER – The information contained on this website is provided for educational and informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice or as an offer to perform legal services on any subject matter. The content of this web site contains general information and may not reflect current legal developments or information. The information is not guaranteed to be correct, complete or current. We make no warranty, expressed or implied, about the accuracy or reliability of the information at this website or at any other website to which it is linked. Recipients of content from this site should not act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information included in the site without seeking appropriate legal advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from an attorney licensed in the recipient’s state. Nothing herein is intended to create an attorney-client relationship and shall not be construed as legal advice. This is not an offer to represent you, nor is it intended to create an attorney-client relationship.